The highlights of NATCO's EHS policy are:
- Comply with applicable legislations, regulations and other applicable requirements.
- Incorporating suitable techniques such as waste management, recovery of raw materials, isolating by-products and distillations of solvents to prevent pollution.
- Conserving raw materials, natural resources such as water, coal & electricity
- Reduce the risks by identifying, assessing and controlling the hazards to prevent ill-health and injury.
- Continually improve EHS performance by setting time bound objectives and targets.
- Promote awareness of EHS requirements among the employee, contractors and visitors.
- Continually improve our environmental, health and safety performance.
- Communicated to all persons in the organization and made aware of their individual Occupational Health and Safety obligations.
Care for the Environment is one of our core corporate values and, as a part of this commitment, we enunciated our Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Policy. Our EHS policy provides for the creation of a safe and healthy workplace and a clean environment for employees and the community. It aims for the highest international standards in plant design, equipment selection, maintenance and operations. The policy is a commitment that we will manufacture products safely and in an environmentally responsible manner.
The implementation of the EHS Policy is ensured by institutionalizing a robust EHS Management System, adequately supported by a well-defined organizational structure.
Please click here to read Mekaguda facility’s Half-yearly Environmental Compliance Report for the period ending March 2017.